Shortlog - a log of everyday things
I'm back in Carrollton, visiting my family. Yay.
Virgin America is cool. Also they're in a price war with American for SFO
-> DFW, so customers get great prices.
Upon arriving home, my dad pulled out some papers from a box he had recently
opened, and we found out that I'm a descendant of Pocahontas. Really:
- Pocahontas married John Rolfe and had one son, Thomas (Jan. 30, 1615)
- Thomas Rolfe married Jane Poythress and had a single daughter, Jane (1655)
- Jane Rolfe married Robert Bolling, and had one son, John (Jan. 27, 1676). She died shortly thereafter.
- John Bolling married Mary Kennon, and had six children, the first of which they named John Bolling Jr. (1700)
- John Bolling Jr. married Elizabeth Bland Blair and had seven children, including Thomas Bolling (1735)
- Thomas Bolling married Elizabeth Gay. Their children included a daughter, also named Elizabeth
- Elizabeth Bolling married William Robertson, and their children included a daughter, Sarah Ann
- Sarah Ann Robertson married Isaac Mills Robertson (from a different Robertson line) and their children included a son, Archibald (Jan. 29, 1780).
- Archibald Robertson married Mary Proctor and begat John Proctor Robertson (Oct. 18, 1806)
- John Proctor Robertson married Catherine Fry, and begat George William Robertson (Mar. 1, 1837)
- George William Robertson married Margaret Brown ("Aunt Dump"), and had seven children, the third of which was Annie Berry (1866)
- Annie B. Robertson married Napoleon Bonaparte Waugh and they begat a daughter Mattie (1906), the youngest of 7 children (5 girls, 2 boys in total)
- Mattie Waugh married Vivian Ezra Fisher (June 15, 1926), and they begat an only child, Vernon (1929)
- Vernon Fisher married and begat three children, Adrienne, Valerie, and Howard
- Howard Fisher married Melissa Marsh, and I am one of their children.
So Pocahontas is my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.